Is It Possible to Smoke Sugar?
If you enjoy smoking cannabis concentrates, you’ve probably heard of live sugar. This sticky, sweet extract is a cannabis concentrate known for its distinct texture and potency. But is it possible to smoke sugar? What factors contribute to the best live sugar?
In this article, we’ll look in depth at live sugar and Dripp Extracts, a company that specializes in crafting some of the best live sugar on the market.
What Exactly is Live Sugar?
Live sugar is a cannabis concentrate made from fresh, uncured cannabis plants. Unlike other concentrates, which are typically made from dried cannabis flowers, live sugar is created by flash-freezing whole plants immediately after harvest. This aids in the preservation of the plant’s natural terpene profile and flavor, resulting in a more flavorful and aromatic concentrate.
The texture of live sugar, which is similar to that of wet sugar or honey, inspired its name. The high concentration of terpenes and other compounds found in the fresh cannabis plants used to make the concentrate accounts for the sticky, gooey consistency.
How Is Live Sugar Produced?
Live sugar is produced through a specialized extraction process that involves flash-freezing fresh, uncured cannabis plants right after harvest. The following is a step-by-step breakdown of the live sugar extraction procedure:
- Cannabis plants used to produce live sugar are typically harvested when they are at their freshest and most potent. Typically, this entails harvesting the plants before they reach full maturity and allowing them to dry or cure.
- Immediately after harvesting, the plants are flash-frozen at sub-zero temperatures. This helps to preserve the plant’s natural terpene profile and flavor while also preventing cannabinoids from degrading.
- After the plants have been frozen, they are extracted with a solvent like butane or CO2 to separate the trichomes (the resinous glands on the plant’s surface) from the plant material.
- To ensure a clean and safe product, the resulting extract is purged of any remaining solvent.
- Following the extraction and purification processes, the live resin is allowed to nucleate and form into a sugar-like consistency naturally. Depending on the extraction techniques used, this process can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks.
The result is a highly potent cannabis concentrate with a sticky, sweet texture and a distinct flavor and aroma profile. Live sugar can be consumed in various ways, such as smoking, dabbing, or vaping.
How Does Live Resin Differ?
Live sugar differs from other THC concentrates in several ways. Here are some of the key distinctions:
- Live sugar is made from fresh, uncured cannabis plants that are flash-frozen immediately after harvest. This aids in the preservation of the plant’s natural terpene profile and flavor, resulting in a more flavorful and aromatic concentrate. Other concentrates, on the other hand, are typically made from dried and cured cannabis flowers.
- The texture of live sugar is distinct, sticky, and granular, similar to that of wet sugar or honey. The high concentration of terpenes and other compounds found in the fresh cannabis plants used to make the concentrate accounts for the texture. Shatter and wax, for example, have a more brittle texture.
- The natural terpenes and other compounds found in the fresh cannabis plants used to make the concentrate influence the rich and complex flavor profile of live sugar. This produces a more nuanced and flavorful experience than other concentrates, which may have a more one-dimensional flavor.
- THC content in live sugar is typically high, with some varieties containing up to 80% THC. Because of its high potency, live sugar is a popular choice among cannabis enthusiasts seeking a more intense and immediate experience.
Overall, live sugar provides a distinctive and flavorful cannabis concentrate experience that distinguishes it from other THC concentrates. Its high potency, distinct texture, and flavor make it a popular choice among dabbers and smokers.
Is It Possible to Smoke Sugar?
You can, in fact, smoke live sugar. Because of its distinct flavor and aroma, many cannabis enthusiasts prefer smoking live sugar over other types of concentrates. A dab rig, a heat source (such as a torch), and a dab tool are required to smoke live sugar. Simply heat up the dab rig, apply a small amount of live sugar to the dab tool, and place the tool on the heated nail or banger. Inhale the resulting vapor to enjoy the live sugar’s distinct flavors and effects.
Dripp Extracts provides the best live sugar.
Dripp Extracts is the best place to go for the best live sugar on the market. This California-based company specializes in producing high-quality live sugar from the finest cannabis plants and extraction methods available. Dripp Extracts has a large selection of live sugar varieties, each with its own distinct flavor and aroma profile. Gelato, Wedding Cake, and Zkittlez are among their most popular strains.
One of the things that distinguishes Dripp Extracts from other companies is their dedication to quality and transparency. They create their live sugar using only the highest-quality cannabis plants and extraction methods, and they provide detailed lab reports for all of their products.
Dripp Extracts also sells a variety of other cannabis products, such as live resin, sauce, and cartridges. So, whether you prefer smoking, dabbing, or vaping, there’s a Dripp Extracts product out there for you.