Last Updated: November 19, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We may collect or may have collected the following categories of information about you. In some cases, the information we collect may fall within more than one category:
- Contact information and personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your IP address, or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age to ensure you are 21 or older before accessing the Site.
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased, returned or considered, and your product preferences.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Identity verification information, in order to verify you when you call customer support.
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with the Site, digital properties, and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on the Site, and log file information, which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, and other electronic network activity.
- Audio information, such as recordings of your voice when you call our customer support.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses, and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may collect or may have collected personal information about you from various sources. The categories of sources from which we may collect personal information are:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase or return at one of our store locations, contact us with a question or complaint, sign-up to receive marketing or other communications or when you write a review to one the products on the Site.
- From your friends or family members, such as when your friend or family member sends you a gift or tags you on a post to one of our social media pages.
- Through other technologies, such as call recording technology when you speak to customer support.
- From our business partners and service providers, such as analytics providers, advertising companies and networks, third-party retailers, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with.
- From social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, we may obtain your information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on social media.
- From our affiliates that you have interacted with.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may use or may have used the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to you, such as fulfilling orders and processing payments, creating, servicing and/or maintaining your account with us, assisting with product selection and replenishment, and managing current or past purchases.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you place an order.
- To administer your participation in special events, contests, surveys, and promotions.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials via postal mail, text message or email, and to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
- For analytics purposes, such as to understand how you use the Site, understand your preferred method of purchasing with us; determine what browser and devices you use to visit the Site; and to evaluate and improve our products, services, advertisements, and website and mobile applications.
- To operate and improve our business, including to provide quality assurance, conduct research and development to develop new products and services, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair bugs on the Site or mobile applications, and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also may use or may have used the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for such third-parties’ own marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- The DRIPP family of brands and companies, such as our affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers;
- Service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you (such as delivering packages to you);
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party;
- Online third-party companies for our own advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on the Site and mobile application, and on third-party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use the Site or mobile application. These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third-party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third-party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you. We may share personal information with the third-party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information at our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third-party marketing, advertising, and other purposes; and
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
DO WE COLLECT CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION? No. Our Website is not intended for users under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on the Site or use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under 21, please contact us at email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding the personal information that businesses have about them. This includes the rights to request access or deletion of your personal information, as well as the right to direct a business to stop selling your personal information.
Right to Notice. You have the right to be properly notified of the following:
Right to Access Your Information: You have the right to request the following covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information
- The purpose for collecting or selling the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you, the purpose for disclosing such personal information and the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed such personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have sold about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom we sold such personal information
Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you. Please note that there are exceptions where we do not have to fulfill a request to delete information, such as when the deletion of information would create problems with the completion of a transaction or compliance with a legal obligation.
How to Exercise Your Rights to Access and Deletion: You can submit these requests by calling us at 866-773-7477or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
Verifiable Consumer Requests: Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access to your personal information twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: 1) Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of that person; and 2) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request to exercise your access and/or deletion rights if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Response Timing and Format: We attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days after we receive it. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing within 45 days after we receive your initial request. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period prior to the date we receive the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also provide the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale: While we do not sell personal information in exchange for any monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a “sale,” as defined by the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.140(t)(1)). We support the CCPA and wish to provide you with control over how your personal information is collected and shared. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information. If you would like to exercise your right to request opt-out of sale, please email to email@example.com.
Please note that we may still use aggregated and de-identified personal information that does not identify you or any individual.
Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you (e.g., through denying goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services) for exercising any of the rights afforded to you.
Financial Incentive: We may offer you various financial incentives such as discounts and special offers when you provide us with contact information and identifiers such as your name and email address. When you sign-up for our email list or other discounts and special offers, you opt-in to a financial incentive. You may withdraw from a financial incentive at any time by opting out from our email or closing your loyalty member account. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to personal information, however, California law requires that we assign such value in the context of financial incentives. In such context, the value of the personal information is related to the estimated cost of providing the relevant financial incentive(s) for which the information was collected.
California’s Shine the Light law. California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you would like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPT-OUT FROM MAILINGS. The Site provides you with several opportunities to agree to receive communications from DRIPP, and any of our affiliated brands or divisions. If at any time you wish to stop receiving communications from us please send us an email to email@example.com with the phrase “Privacy Opt-out: DRIPP Mailings” in the subject line, or write to us at the address provided below, and we will remove you from our mailing list. Alternatively, for e-mail communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions set forth at the bottom of our promotional e-mail messages.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION? If you have any questions or suggestions about the Site, DRIPP, or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.